Is it ever too soon to start thinking about holiday shopping? By the time the first of December rolls around, it’s time to plan holiday decorating, party hosting and holiday presents. No matter what holiday you celebrate, it’s time to start collecting your loved ones’ holiday wish lists and begin budgeting for those gifts.
The holidays can be a bit hectic, but if you find yourself a little short on your gift budget, it can be downright stressful. You want to give your loved ones the presents they want, but you don’t want to break the bank. What’s a holiday planner to do?
That’s where rewards credit cards can come in handy. With great rewards, like cash back and introductory bonuses, you can earn money towards your holiday budget while spending your holiday budget. Now that’s multitasking.
We’ve got some great credit cards that are up to tackling your holiday shopping. Depending on your creditworthiness, you can’t go wrong with choosing any of the following:
- Chase Freedom Unlimited: With unlimited 1.5% cash back on all purchases and a $150 intro bonus after you spend $500 in your first three months from account opening, this card will help you earn a little extra cash during the holidays.
- Target REDCard: Are you a big Target fan? Then you’ll love the Target REDCard, which offers 5% off on all eligible purchases from Target stores and Target.com, see card terms for eligibility details.
- TD Cash Credit Card: This card pulls out all the stops—3% cash back on dining, 2% cash back at grocery stores and 1% cash back on all other eligible purchases, see card terms for eligibility details.
- Credit One Bank Platinum Visa with Cash Back Rewards: Do you have bad credit? Not to worry—with the Credit One Bank Platinum Visa with Cash Back Rewards, you can still get cash back rewards. For those with poor to bad credit, this card offers 1% cash back rewards on eligible purchases—see card terms for eligibility details.
Chase Freedom Unlimited®
- Earn a $150 Bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening.
- Earn unlimited 1.5% cash back on all purchases.
- 0% Intro APR for 15 months from account opening on purchases and balance transfers, then a variable APR of 16.49 - 25.24%.
- 3% intro balance transfer fee when you transfer a balance during the first 60 days your account is open, with a minimum of $5.
- No annual fee
- No minimum to redeem for cash back
- Cash Back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open
Card Details +
Right off the bat, you’ll earn a $150 bonus after you spend $500 on purchases within the first three months of your account opening. If you open and use the Chase Freedom Unlimited card before Christmas, that’s a cool $150 you can use towards more gifts. Or you could use it to buy yourself a little something for a Christmas shopping job well done.
The Chase Freedom Unlimited card offers other great rewards, like unlimited 1.5% cash back on all purchases. So when you buy holiday presents for the whole family, you’ll earn extra money. It also offers an intro APR of 0% for 15 months on purchases , followed by an ongoing APR of 16.49% - 25.24% Variable .
Target REDcard™ Credit Card
- 5% off every day at Target & Target.com.*
- Free 2 day shipping on hundreds of thousands of items at Target.com.*
- Early Access to products and promotions*
- Exclusive Extras including special items and offers*
- Starbucks discount on in-store locations - get everyday 5% savings when you pay with your REDcard*
- Cartwheel - save 5-50% on hundreds of items in store & get everyday 5% savings when you pay with your REDcard*
- Target Subscriptions - save 5% on everyday essentials delivered on your schedule when you subscribe, plus get everyday 5% savings when you pay with your REDcard*
- Get everyday 5% savings on specialty gift cards when you pay with your REDcard*
- Target Wallet, easy and fast checkout. Use Wallet in the Target app to save with Cartwheel and pay with REDcard by scanning your phone at check out in store.
- *Some restrictions apply. See Target.com/redcard for benefits and program rules
Card Details +
Target really does have it all, including a credit card that’s perfect for holiday shopping. Stock up on your twinkle lights, Hanukkah decorations and presents while getting 5% off with the Target REDCard. And if you need a quick caffeine boost in the middle of your holiday shopping, you can get 5% off at an in-store Starbucks too.
Find yourself buying a few holiday things last minute, but don’t want to brave the last-minute holiday crowds? Don’t worry—your 5% off applies to Target.com and you’ll get free two-day shipping. But keep in mind that this card has an ongoing APR of 24.90% , which can be a bit steep depending on your purchases.
TD Cash Credit Card
- Earn $150 Cash Back when you spend $500 within 90 days after account opening
- Earn 3% Cash Back on dining
- Earn 2% Cash Back at grocery stores
- Earn 1% Cash Back on all other eligible purchases
- $0 Annual Fee
- $0 Foreign Transaction Fee
- Visa Zero Liability
- Instant credit card replacement
- Digital Wallet
- After introductory period, balance transfer APR will be 14.49%, 19.49% or 24.49%, based on your creditworthiness
Card Details +
If you have a whole crowd of extended family coming to visit you for the holidays, the TD Cash Credit Card could be for you. First things first: you’ll earn $200 cash back when you spend $500 within 90 days of your account opening. And that’s just the beginning. You can earn 3% cash back on dining, perfect if your house is jam-packed with holiday guests and you don’t feel like whipping up a meal every night.
Planning on cooking a grand meal for Christmas day? Maybe you need to cook up some latkes for Hanukkah? You’ll love the 2% cash back at grocery stores. Plus you’ll receive 1% cash back on all other eligible purchases, making other holiday purchases a little more manageable. When applying for this card, keep in mind that it has an ongoing APR of 14.49%, 19.49% or 24.49%, based on your creditworthiness .
Credit One Bank® Platinum Visa® with Cash Back Rewards
- Seeing if you Pre-Qualify is fast, easy, and secure
- Get 1% cash back rewards on eligible purchase, terms apply
- Rewards post automatically to your account each month
- Automatic reviews for credit line increase opportunities
- With $0 Fraud Liability, you won’t be responsible for unauthorized charges
- Pick a card that fits your style. Multiple card designs are available, a fee may apply
- Enjoy exclusive offers available to Credit One Bank card members through Visa® Discounts.
- Your card includes travel accident and auto rental collision insurance from Visa®
Card Details +
Don’t let poor or bad credit stop you from getting a killer rewards credit card. The Credit One Bank Platinum Visa with Cash Back Rewards offers great cash back deals for the holiday season. With this card, you can earn up to 1% cash back rewards on eligible purchases. You can grab some great gifts for the eight days of Hanukkah with that extra cash.
If you’re thinking about applying for this card for the holidays, there are a few things you should keep in mind. First, it’s got an ongoing APR of 25.74% Variable . So if you’re going to use this card for your holiday spending, try to keep any balances from carrying over to the next month, if possible. Plus, it’s got an annual fee of $39. If you can’t swing it, this might not be the right card for you.
Crush Your Holiday Shopping with the Right Rewards Card
When you’re armed with the right rewards credit card, you can tackle any holiday wish list your family and friends throw at you. But keep in mind that there isn’t one perfect rewards credit card. The right rewards credit card depends on your circumstances. So take a look at your finances, goals and Christmas to-do list, and choose the best credit card for your personal situation.
Editorial disclosure: Reviews are as determined solely by Credit.com staff. Opinions expressed here are solely those of the reviewers and aren’t reviewed or approved by any advertiser. Information presented is accurate as of the date of the review, including information on card rates, rewards and fees. Check the issuer’s website for the most current information on each card listed.
Some offers mentioned here may have expired and/or are no longer available on our site. You can view the current offers from our partners in our credit card marketplace. DISCLOSURE: Cards from our partners are mentioned here.