[DISCLOSURE: Cards from our partners are mentioned below.]
The 2018 holiday season is quickly approaching. The holidays are a great time for spending time with loved ones. If you’re traveling during the holidays, then a travel credit card may be helpful. These credit cards usually offer airline miles that can add up to free trips or hotel stays as rewards. Not sure which credit card to apply for? At Credit.com, we’ve picked some of our favorite travel credit cards for the 2018 holidays.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards
Card Details +
The Chase Sapphire Preferred travel credit card is perfect for travelers who need flexibility. You earn 2X the points on travel and dining worldwide. All other purchases earn 1X the points. Accumulated rewards points will never expire and can be transferred to hotel or airline loyalty programs at a 1:1 ratio. Cardholders can earn 25% more if they redeem rewards on travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards, Chase’s rewards platform. That means that you can really earn big!
The Capital One VentureOne travel credit card is ideal if you want a simple credit card. The card has a pretty sweet sign-up bonus – you can earn 20,000 miles after spending $1,000 on purchases within the first three months of the account opening. That’s worth $200 in travel credits. You’ll also earn 1.25X the miles on every purchase. Plus earn 10X miles on thousands of hotels, through January 2020; learn more at hotels.com/venture.
Hilton Honors American Express Ascend Card
- Earn 125,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points with the Hilton Honors American Express Ascend Card after you use your new Card to make $2,000 in eligible purchases within the first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Earn a Weekend Night Reward from Hilton Honors after you spend $15,000 on purchases on your Card in a calendar year.
- Earn 12X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for each dollar of eligible purchases charged on your Card directly with a hotel or resort within the Hilton Portfolio.
- Earn 6X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for each dollar of eligible purchases on your Card at U.S. restaurants, U.S. supermarkets, and U.S. gas stations.
- Earn 3X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for all other eligible purchases on your Card.
- Spend $40,000 on eligible purchases on your Card in a calendar year and you can earn Hilton Honors Diamond status through the end of the next calendar year.
- $95 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
Card Details +
The Hilton Honors American Express Ascend Card offers very generous rewards. Cardholders earn 12X the Hilton Honors Bonus Points for eligible purchases at Hilton Hotels, 6X the bonus points at U.S. restaurants, U.S. gas stations, and U.S. supermarkets, and 3X the points on all other eligible purchases. New cardholders can also earn up to 125,000 reward points if they spend $2,000 on Hilton purchases within the first three months of opening the new account.
Wells Fargo Propel American Express® Card
- Earn 30K bonus points when you spend $3,000 in purchases in the first 3 months – that's a $300 cash redemption value
- Earn 3X points for eating out and ordering in
- Earn 3X points for gas stations, rideshares and transit
- Earn 3X points for travel including flights, hotels, homestays and car rentals
- Earn 1X points on other purchases
- $0 Annual Fee
- 0% Intro APR for 12 months on purchases and balance transfers (fees apply), then a 14.74%-27.24% variable APR; balance transfers made within 120 days qualify for the intro rate and fee
- Select "Apply Now" to learn more about the product features, terms, and conditions
Card Details +
Recently, Wells Fargo upped their game with the Wells Fargo Propel American Express Card. New cardholders can earn 30,000 bonus points if they spend $3,000 within the first three months of opening the account (a $300 value when redeemed). Cardholders earn 3X the points on travel, eating out, gas stations, rideshares, and transits. All other purchases earn 1X the points.
Traveling for the holidays is fun, and using a travel rewards credit card can be rewarding. It’s important to find one that will maximize your savings and help you earn rewards that are helpful to you. The best travel credit card for you will suit your specific needs such as mile bonuses, hotel accommodations, car rentals, and more.
If you want to apply for one of these cards, check you credit score for free today with Credit.com. We offer two free credit scores that are updated every 14 days. Checking your credit score will help you know if you’re credit is in good shape to apply for one of these cards.
At publishing time, the credit cards shown here are offered through Credit.com product pages, and Credit.com is compensated if our users apply and ultimately sign up for this card. However, this relationship does not result in any preferential editorial treatment. This content is not provided by the card issuer(s). Any opinions expressed are those of Credit.com alone, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the issuer(s).