It is no secret that these days, the finance industry is visibly different from what it was a mere ten years ago. From innovations in payments to innovations in how you relate with your bank to changes in how your bank relates with you, financial institutions are defying the restrictions that once defined them for many years.
Today, the popular saying ‘cash is king’ can be argued to be false as millions of people around the country embrace the digital products that are quickly becoming commonplace. From mobile wallets to mobile payment applications to universal credit cards that manage to combine our multiple accounts into one piece of plastic.
And as the rate of innovation continues to keep its pace, it is no surprise that the digital wallets and mobile payment applications are becoming more efficient with use. Also, as consumers we are becoming much more reliant on these new channels, shedding old behavior and adopting new spending habits.
Payment applications are now the norm for the majority of consumers allowing us to speed through checkouts everywhere and keep all our financial information in one place.
As mobile wallets keep growing in popularity, more players will inadvertently start trooping into the marketplace making it a bit difficult for new customers to know which is best.
Introducing Chase Pay, a mobile payment application built to help you save time and money. The application pre-loads your Chase Visa cards like the Chase Freedom or Chase Sapphire Preferred which you use in your everyday spending into one place making it easy for you breeze through checking out at restaurants, gas stations, coffee shops and even paying for items with your favorite merchants. All of these features come together to make Chase Pay a unique application causing it to stand apart from all other players in the market.
Having and using Chase Pay allows you to have Ultimate Rewards points which could be spent in order to procure a statement credit, order food or even pre-pay at your favorite restaurant.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards
Card Details +
So Why Use Chase Pay?
An important reason to use Chase Pay is the security it affords. We live in a digital age that is wrought with daily stories about millions being wiped out from accounts all over the world. To prevent such an occurrence, Chase Pay implements tokenization technology which substitutes credit card information with algorithmically generated numbers, which is called a token. This allows consumers to enjoy the essential safeguards knowing your data is never passed to merchants when you shop online or with the app.
And if that is not enough reason to use Chase Pay, here are top 5 things you can do through the Chase Pay app to help you get more than what you pay for:
- No need to remember a new password: Chase Pay users log into the app using their Chase credentials, and their cards are automatically pre-loaded for convenience.
- Save time and money when you pump gas: using the app, you can pay for gas before getting out of your car with just a few simple steps, and you can save money at participating gas stations:
- Shell: Chase Pay app users can earn 35¢ per gallon in fuel savings on their next purchase, after their first 5-gallon fill-up at participating Shell stations when they link their loyalty account and pay at the pump. 20-gallon max.
- 76: Save 10¢ per gallon on every fill-up when you download the Chase Pay app and use it to pay at the pump at participating 76 locations.
- Skip the line when eating out: you can find restaurants close to you and order your food ahead of time, so it’s ready when you are. Thousands of great restaurants like Five Guys, Potbelly, and neighborhood places and popular chains are available. Plus, you can take advantage of special offers available in the app.
- Link Chase Pay and Samsung Pay to get the most from both: Chase Pay customers now have the option to link Chase Pay to Samsung Pay and pay with the Chase Pay app at millions of merchants by simply tapping the payment terminal.
- Pay with points and earn rewards: If you earn Ultimate Rewards points, you can use them at checkout for a statement credit to your account. You can also link eligible rewards programs and earn more points as you go.
Simply put, Chase Pay can be described as an all-in-one application that allows you to combine all your interests into one location. The application allows you to combine all your shopping, food, gas, rewards, coupon, payment and wallet applications into a one-stop sleek digital payment platform that gives you more bang for your buck.
Much more than a virtual wallet, by connecting all our digital wallets and loyalty cards, Chase Pay can be used at multiple locations across the country to get better access. From Walmart to Best Buy to 1800 flowers, there are multiple stores already signed up to ensure you have a seamless payment experience online, in stores or your favorite merchant applications.
Using Chase Pay also makes you a part of a very secure ecosystem. Chase is a mobile wallet that syncs with the Chase products you already use and trust. Chase does not share your account information with merchants whether you swipe, dip, tap, pay online or pay with your phone.
Finally, Chase Pay boasts of great user experience that is not easily found with other mobile wallets. In fact, using a wallet app to pay by phone has never been easier. And as the rate of innovation continues to increase, consumers can continue to expect new features, greater convenience, and exclusive rewards.
A great way to keep up with Chase Pay is by checking out the Chase media center. Chase Pay is a great way to get more than you pay for. You no longer have to worry about leaving your wallet at home as your cards are always with you. Learn more at chasepay.com.