Recently, Amazon decided yet again to hike the minimum amount you need to purchase to qualify for free shipping. Doing so has brought attention to the retail giant’s competitors with lower minimums.
Amazon’s minimum is now $49 — a 40% increase — while Target, for example, requires online shoppers to spend a minimum of only $25 at a time to qualify for free shipping. Walmart and Best Buy have $35 minimums.
But there are also plenty of online stores that continue to ship for free — no purchase minimum or promo code is required. We’ve identified 25 of them.
Sure, these retailers can’t compete with Amazon in many ways, as they tend to sell a limited range of product types with prices ranging from moderate on up. But they sell items that are also offered on Amazon.
So check this list before you next shop Amazon for items that total less than $50, and you might be able to save some money on your purchase. It is important to note that in most cases, it is only the retailers’ standard shipping that is free. Also, free rates may not apply in Alaska and Hawaii:
- Ashford, an online-only retailer that sells designer watches
- Asics, a brand of athletic shoes and clothing
- Barneys New York, an upscale department store
- BaubleBar, an online-only retailer that sells women’s fashion jewelry
- Bergdorf Goodman, an upscale department store
- Blue Nile, an online-only retailer that sells fine jewelry
- Coach, a designer brand of bags and other accessories
- Dell, a retailer that sells computer, electronics and accessories
- DermStore, an online-only retailer that sells makeup, skin care and hair care products
- Hush Puppies, a comfort-shoe brand
- Jack Spade, a designer brand of clothing and accessories for men
- Kate Spade, a designer brand of clothing, shoes and accessories for women and children, as well as home decor
- L.L.Bean, a brand of clothing and shoes, as well as luggage and outdoor equipment, including hunting and fishing gear
- LovelySkin, a dermatologist-owned retailer that sells makeup, skin care and hair care products
- Madewell, a retailer that sells women’s jeans as well as other women’s clothing, shoes and accessories
- Molton Brown, a British brand of bath and body products
- Neiman Marcus, an upscale department store
- Nordstrom, an upscale department store
- Perricone MD, a dermatologist-backed brand of skin care products
- Philips, a brand of personal care, baby and household products
- Ray-Ban, a brand of sunglasses and eyeglasses
- Smashbox, a brand of makeup
- Sunglass Hut, a retailer that sells sunglasses
- Theory, a brand of clothing, bags and accessories for men and women as well as shoes for women
More From Money Talks News:
- 8 Ingenious Ways to Organize Your Home With Tension Rods
- 7 Ways a Fitbit Can Make or Save You Money
- This Company Is Giving Away Free Tax Software