[UPDATE: Some offers mentioned below have expired and/or are no longer available on our site. You can view the current offers from our partners in our credit card marketplace. DISCLOSURE: Cards from our partners are mentioned below.]
We found credit cards that pay you to do what you love—shop online.
No, but really, if you’re already spending your hard-earned money on online retailers like Amazon, Target, Costco, etc., why not make sure you get a little money back?
Here are some of the best and most popular credit cards that reward you for online shopping.
Discover it® Cash Back
- Earn 5% cash back at different places each quarter like gas stations, grocery stores, restaurants, Amazon.com, or wholesale clubs up to the quarterly maximum each time you activate.
- Earn unlimited 1% cash back on all other purchases – automatically.
- INTRO OFFER: Discover will match ALL the cash back earned at the end of your first year, automatically.
- Redeem cash back any amount, any time. Rewards never expire.
- Use your rewards at Amazon.com checkout.
- Receive FREE Social Security number alerts—Discover will monitor thousands of risky websites when you sign up.
- No annual fee.
Card Details +
The Discover it® card is featured on many best credit card lists, and for good reason. The card offers 5% cash back rotating categories up to $1,500 each quarter (remember, these categories do have to be activated). Categories in the past have included Amazon.com, gas stations, and restaurants. Also, the card has no annual fee and offers 1% cash back on pretty much everything else.
Citi® Double Cash Card – 18 month BT offer
- Earn 2% cash back on purchases: 1% when you buy plus 1% as you pay
- Balance Transfers do not earn cash back
- 0% Intro APR on Balance Transfers for 18 months. After that, the variable APR will be 14.99% - 24.99% based on your creditworthiness*
- Click 'Apply Now' to see the applicable balance transfer fee and how making a balance transfer impacts interest on purchases
- No categories to track, no caps on cash back, no annual fee*
Card Details +
The Citi® Double Cash Card gets its name from its cash back bonus, which is 1% on purchases and an additional 1% when you make a minimum payment. Though it’s not a clean-cut 2% cash back, it’s pretty darn close, and there’s no annual fee to worry about. If you’re looking to do all of your shopping online, Citi’s Double Cash card can help you get started.
3. Amazon Prime Card
If we’re talking about online shopping, it’s impossible to not include Amazon’s own credit card. The Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature card boasts 5% cash back for purchases from Amazon.com, but only if you’re already a Prime member. The card also offers 1% cash back on just about everything outside of Amazon.
While there’s no annual membership fee, you’ll need that Prime membership to get full benefits, so in a way you are paying for it. But for the tens of millions who already subscribe to Amazon Prime, maybe it’s no big deal.
4. Target REDcard
If you’re looking to shop from the comfort of your couch, the Target REDcard has its benefits. It offers 5% cash back at Target and Target.com and free shipping on “most” items on Target.com. Like most other cards in this list, there’s no annual fee to deal with. And if you do have the sudden urge to visit a physical Target, you can use the REDcard for discounts on in-store Starbucks purchases.
5. PayPal Cashback Mastercard
If you frequent online stores that use PayPal, you might want to check out the PayPal cash back credit card. First off, PayPal makes online check-out much easier—you pay with PayPal credentials instead of entering credit info—and you get rewards points for every dollar you spend to redeem for credit with the PayPal credit card. There’s also no annual fee. We think PayPal fans should check it out and see if it’s what they’ve been wanting to bring the worlds of online shopping and credit cards a little bit closer together.
6. Barclaycard CashForward™ World Mastercard®
The Barclaycard CashForward card made our list for best credit cards for online shopping because it offers “unlimited 1.5% cash rewards on every purchase,” so you’re looking at getting something back no matter where you shop online. It also doesn’t bother with an annual fee, which means no surprise service charge at the end of the year.
If you’re concerned you might not have the best credit and still want to shop with your favorite online retailers, the QuicksilverOne might interest you. Unlike other cards on this list, it does carry an annual fee, but it’s less than what we’ve seen from competitors. Also, you can still get rewarded for your shopping with 1.5% cash back on every purchase.
Chase Freedom Unlimited®
- Unlimited 1.5% cash back on every purchase – it's automatic
- Earn a $150 Bonus after you spend $500 on purchases in your first 3 months from account opening
- 0% Intro APR for 15 months from account opening on purchases and balance transfers, then a variable APR of 16.49-25.24%. Balance transfer fee is 5% of the amount transferred, $5 minimum
- No minimum to redeem for cash back
- Cash Back rewards do not expire as long as your account is open
- Free credit score, updated weekly with Credit Journey℠
- No annual fee
Card Details +
With no annual fee and 1.5% cash back on any purchase, the Chase Freedom Unlimited® card might be right for the online shopper who doesn’t want to worry about what purchases qualify for rewards points. There’s also no minimum required to redeem that 1.5% cash back, so feel free to do as you please when perusing Cyber Monday deals or the latest flash sale.
Costco Anywhere Visa® Card by Citi
- Exclusively for Costco Members: Go Big with Cash Back Rewards
- 4% cash back on eligible gas for the first $7,000 per year and then 1% thereafter
- 3% cash back on restaurants and eligible travel purchases
- 2% cash back on all other purchases from Costco and Costco.com
- 1% cash back on all other purchases
Card Details +
People might not think of online shopping when they think of Costco, but skipping the Saturday Costco crowds while still getting bulk goods and deep discounts makes for a pleasant experience. What’s more, the Costco Anywhere Visa® card can make Costco trips (online and in person) all the more rewarding. The card offers 2% cash back on all purchases from Costco and Costco.com, and 1% cash back on everything else.
At publishing time, the Discover it Cashback Match, Citi Double Cash Card, Capital One QuicksilverOne, Chase Freedom Unlimited, and Constco Anywhere Visa Card are offered through Credit.com product pages, and Credit.com is compensated if our users apply for and ultimately sign up for any of these cards. However, this relationship does not result in any preferential editorial treatment. This content is not provided by the card issuer(s). Any opinions expressed are those of Credit.com alone, and have not been reviewed, approved, or otherwise endorsed by the issuer(s).
Note: It’s important to remember that interest rates, fees, and terms for credit cards, loans, and other financial products frequently change. As a result, rates, fees, and terms for credit cards, loans, and other financial products cited in these articles may have changed since the date of publication. Please be sure to verify current rates, fees, and terms with credit card issuers, banks, or other financial institutions directly.