This week on Talk Credit Radio: Friday January 27, 2012
Tune in to Talk Credit Radio this week with Credit.com’s personal finance expert Gerri Detweiler, live from 4-5 ET/1-2 PT. Ways to listen are listed below.
Here’s a quick quiz:
• True or False: There is a government program created by President Obama that requires credit card companies to work with you to pay off your debts.
• True or False: Debt settlement companies can no longer charge upfront fees and must wait to get paid until they settle debt.
• True or False: Creditors only negotiate with attorneys.
• True or False: You can negotiate with creditors yourself.
• True or False: You should choose a debt settlement plan that lets you pay off your debts over 36-48 months since the monthly payment will be lower.
• True or False: Debt settlement will hurt your credit ratings as badly as filing for bankruptcy.
Are you confident you know the correct answers? Tune into this week’s episode to find out, and to learn how to separate fact from fiction when it comes to negotiating debts. If you can’t pay all your debts but want to avoid bankruptcy, you won’t want to miss this show! Guest Alex Viecco has more than twenty-seven years of financial services experience including 12 years of banking. He has helped thousands of people become more financially sound. He is the co-founder of New Era Debt Solutions.
Do You Have One of the Best Credit Cards in America?
Also joining Gerri this week, Credit.com’s Beverly Harzog will reveal the best credit cards in America. How do the cards you carry stack up? Tune in and find out!
Tune in to Talk Credit Radio
Talk Credit Radio airs live on Friday between 4-5 pm ET/1-2 PT. (Note, starting February 4, 2012 the program will move to Saturdays 12-1 pm ET/9-10 am PT).
There are four ways to listen:
- Listen live
- Listen or download podcasts from iTunes
- Listen to archived episodes at Credit.com
- Download the TuneIn app to listen from your smartphone on WSRQ