Tune in to this week’s installment of The Credit Line, hosted by Credit.com’s chairman and co-founder Adam Levin on Los Angeles’ KFWB 980 AM this Saturday, September 24, at 9 a.m. PST/Noon EST.
The show is co-hosted by L.A. radio personality Jeff Levy.
Divorce and Credit
When wrapped up in planning to marry one’s mate, one of the most neglected—yet among the most important—issues is that of joint finances, which can lead a couple to get deeply mired in a financial mess down the road, especially if they divorce. Joining us is Judge Lynn Toler, host of the nationally syndicated television show, Divorce Court. The former municipal court judge is the author of the book, My Mother’s Rules: A Practical Guide to Becoming an Emotional Genius. She’ll talk to us about some of the finer points of being married (and getting divorced) in a community property state, as well as:
- How to deal with the issue of debt in a prenuptial agreement
- The most common credit problems that come up in divorce cases
- The biggest financial risks for women in a marriage
[Related Article: Getting Married? Here Are Some Credit Tips]
Call in with your questions
Do you have a credit-related question? Adam Levin and Jeff Levy are ready to take your calls live this Saturday, September 24 at 9 a.m. PST/Noon EST, at 888-539-2980.
Listen to The Credit Line:
- Listen Live: The Credit Line streams live here every Saturday at 9 a.m. PST/Noon EST, and repeats on Sundays at 11 p.m. PST/ 2 a.m. EST.
- Listen to the Archives: Listen to previous episodes of The Credit Line in the Credit.com Radio archives here.