Tune in to this week’s installment of The Credit Line, hosted by Credit.com’s chairman and co-founder Adam Levin on Los Angeles’ KFWB 980 AM this Saturday, September 17, at 9 a.m. PST/Noon EST.
The show is co-hosted by L.A. radio personality Jeff Levy.
Bankruptcy and Your Credit
Ever need an indicator of how tough the economy has been on American consumers and businesses? The number of bankruptcy filings is one such handy gauge of nationwide hardship. Let’s take a look: There were 1,529,560 filings for the 12 months prior to June 30, 2011; a 63% jump from the same period in 2008. Though the numbers have declined ever so slightly over last year, it’s clear that many more Americans today are drowning in debt and looking for a way out. Scott Bovitz, a board certified bankruptcy specialist who’s been named a “super lawyer” by both Los Angeles and Law and Politics magazines, knows bankruptcy from the inside out. He joins us to tell you everything you need to know about this process, including:
- What is bankruptcy, and how do you know when it’s time to file
- What debts bankruptcy won’t discharge
- Whether you can expect to be able to get credit again
- Whether changes to bankruptcy laws make it harder to “qualify,” and what changed
[Related Article: Nancy Gets Her Credit Back on Track. And You Can, Too.]
Call in with your questions
Do you have a debt or bankruptcy-related question? Adam Levin and Jeff Levy are ready to take your calls live this Saturday, September 17 at 9 a.m. PST/Noon EST, at 888-539-2980.
Listen to The Credit Line
- Listen Live: The Credit Line streams live here every Saturday at 9 a.m. PST/Noon EST, and repeats on Sundays at 11 p.m. PST/ 2 a.m. EST.
- Listen to the Archives: Listen to previous episodes of The Credit Line in the Credit.com Radio archives here.