This week on Talk Credit Radio: Friday September 2, 2011
Tune into Talk Credit Radio this week with Credit.com’s personal finance expert Gerri Detweiler, live from 4-5 ET/1-2 PT on WSRQ.
Debt Collectors Using Children to Collect
How to deal with difficult debt situations like high-pressure collection tactics, threats of lawsuits from your creditors, or even the possibility of losing your home, are the focus of this week’s episode on Talk Credit Radio. Consumer law attorney Michael Forbes will join host Gerri Detweiler to talk about:
- What do to (and what not to do) when a debt collector is pressuring you to pay more than you can afford.
- How to respond when a credit card company threatens to take legal action over a debt you owe.
- A little-known way to pay for bankruptcy if you can’t afford to file.
- How to save your home and your credit if you are falling behind on your mortgage.
- How some debt collectors are being encouraged to cozy up to kids to help them “get past the gatekeepers” to collect on your debts.
Michael Forbes is a Philadelphia-based consumer law attorney with experience in family law, bankruptcy, debt collection, mortgage foreclosure and credit reporting. His goal is to reach as many people as possible to let them know that they do have some good options to combat collection agency bullies, correct inaccuracies on their credit reports, and save their homes from foreclosure. His ultimate goal is to help them change their lives for the better.
Ask a Question!
Call in live or submit a question for Gerri or her guest to answer, and if she uses it on the air, you’ll win a free copy of your choice of her books, Debt Collection Answers: How to Use Debt Collection Laws to Protect Your Rights or Reduce Debt, Reduce Stress: Real Life Solutions for Your Credit Crisis. Call into the live program at 941-373-1220 or send your question by email to email@example.com.
Tune in to Talk Credit Radio:
Talk Credit Radio airs live on Friday between 4-5 pm ET/1-2 PT. There are three ways to listen: